Friday, July 25, 2008

First River Trip!

Last weekend was Linkyn Ann's very first River Trip! She did great. We lathered her up in sunblock SPF 50 and went for it. It was super hot, but not 120. Haha...it was like 105 or so. Still a hot one! We bought her an infant life jacket and put it on (hoping she wouldn't freak out). She was so cute on her first boat ride. She faced me on the boat and sort of held on to me. Her eyes were so big as the wind blew through her hair (okay I know my kid has a lot of hair!). She was probably thinking where am I and what am I doing? We parked the boat at a little beach that we usually go to and there we camped. Linkyn was able to hang out for a couple of hours (partially on land - see picture of her in her cool raft with sunshade and partially on boat) before she began to become fussy. Which I don't blame her...I would be too in that kind of heat. So we packed up and went up river to my Oma and Bapa's house where we could enjoy the A/C. They have a really cool pad, it's on the river, so all you have to do is pull up and dock the boat and there you are. As you can see by the last picture...that's when we were in the A/C house and Linkyn was a happy camper. I think we are going to hold off on the river until the end of August beginning of September...it's way too HOT! Next summer will be a better age.




1 comment:

Tawny said...

Ahhh, you would never know that she didn't like the heat, she looks so happy :) The River is a whole new trip now isn't it???